Participant No. 9 Professional category
Miruna-Mihaela Maciuca. Romania, Bucharest
Country/State/City Romania, Bucharest
Music School ( if applicable ): actual or/and previous National College of Music “George Enescu”, Bucharest
Professor’s list ( if applicable ): actual or/and previous Mihaela Zamfirescu and Stela Avesalon
How long have you been playing piano/from what age: ~11 years
Miruna Mihaela Maciuca was born on 07.11.2005 (16 years old) in Bucharest. She started studying piano at 5 years old with Piano Teacher, Mrs. Stela Avesalon. Currently she is studying at the National College of Music «George Enescu» in Bucharest with Professor Mihaela Zamfirescu and also continues studying with her first mentor Mrs. Stela Avesalon.
She is also studying musicology, is part of many accompanying music projects, has 2 chamber music ensembles and has been studying the cello for 4 years.
Summary of performances:
- Excellence Award – National Piano Recitals and Competition “Sub Aripile lui Enescu”, Sibiu, November
2021 connected event to International Festival George Enescu, Bucharest 2011 (live recital);
- Grand Prix of the Competition / Special Prize awarded by Sibiu State Philharmonic / Special Prize of Sibiu
Art College / Special Prize Art by Fuego and Sponsor prize – International Music Competition Festival
“Capitala Muzicala”, Sibiu, September 2021 (live);
- First prize with Excellence Award and Special Prize of Foundation Pro Piano-Romania, International
Competition «Pro Piano-Romania» XXV — online, Bucharest, June 2021;
- First Prize, Special Prize Muzio Clementi, Special Prize for Romanian music composition – National
Chamber Music and Piano Competition “Gradus ad Parnassum”, Bucharest May 2021;
- First prize – National Competition ”Ada Ulubeanu”, Bucharest April 2021;
- First Prize and Special Prize “ J.S.Bach” — National Competition “Prietenii Muzicii”, Cluj-Napoca February
- Second Prize — Franz Liszt Center Stage Piano Competition — Spain January 2021;
- Laureate First Prize — International Online Competition for Musicians «Music Fantasy», EAFF- UNESCO,
Moscow, Russia, December 2020;
- Grand Prix — Romanian Music Competition, Bucharest, December 2020;
- First prize with excellence degree and Honorific Trophy — National Competition «Magia Colindelor» online,
Bucharest, December 2020;
- First prize and Special prize «Franz Liszt» — National Competition «Prietenii Muzicii -Sibiu», Sibiu, December
- First prize with excellence degree and Masterclass with Maestro Constantin Sandu, Portugal —
International Festival «Rezonante Sonore Online» 2020, Bucharest, second edition, December 2020;
- First prize with excellence degree — National Competition «Tanarul Virtuoz», Bucharest, November 2020;
- Master-class award (one of the 10 selected from over 400 competitors) — Avila International Music Festival,
Spain, July 2020;
- First prize with Excellence Award, International Competition «Pro Piano-Romania» XXIV — online, Bucharest,
- First prize — International Lviv Kawai Quarantine 2020 Online Competition, Lviv, Ukraine, May 2020;
- Special prize for interpretation and special award for Romanian piano composition, International Festival
«Rezonante Sonore Online» 2020, Bucharest, May 2020;
- Third prize, Inspirito Online Piano Competition 2020, Vietnam, May 2020.
- First prize and Grand Prize of Section B — National Competition «Prietenii Muzicii» Pro-Piano ROmania, Cluj-
Napoca, February 2020;
- First Prize — National Competition «W.A. Mozart si Constelatia Clasicismului Muzical» editia XXIII,
Targoviste, May 2019
- The Trophy of the Instrumental Music Section within “Sibiu – Capitala Muzicala” International Festival,
Sibiu, August 2018 (special guest 2019 — recital)
- First Prize and Special Award in Memoriam Nicolae Coman — International Piano Competition «Irina Satchi»,
Rm. Valcea, May 2019;
- Grand Prize (competition trophy) and First Special Prize for Romanian Music — National Piano Competition
Sonoris, 5th edition, Buftea, May 2018.
Several other grand prix and prizes during last 10 years in different national and international competitions
(piano and cello).
Since 2018, Miruna attended several master-classes with: prof. dr. Constantin Sandu, Portugalia-Romania; prof. univ. dr. Vlad Dimulescu, Romania and prof. dr. Diego Caetano, USA.
As a result of her performances she was invited in the last 3 years as a special guest to different music festivals and music events.
She has given several recitals at The National Museum “George Enescu”, Bucharest (3 years in the raw 2019- 2021); Palatele Brancovenesti-Mogosoaia 2019-2020-2021; Piata Festivalului, Bucharest — connected event
to International Festival ”George Enescu”, Bucharest, Concert Studio of music Academy “Gheorghe Dima”- Cluj-Napoca (connected event to International Festival ”George Enescu”-2019); Sibiu 2019 (as a result
winning Instrumental Music Section of Sibiu Capitala Muzicala) and 2021 (connected event to International Festival ”George Enescu”).
Etude no. 44 in F minor from “Gradus ad Parnassum”, Muzio Clementi, 3’
Romanian Rhapsody no 1, George Enescu (transcription for the piano solo by the composer himself), 12’